Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hope Springs Eternal

Alexander Pope said it.  "Hope springs eternal in the human breast, man never is, but always to be blest."  

Thank goodness for words like these.  If I didn't hold close to hope, I might have thrown in the towel many years ago!  But, I have always clung to this word and it has inspired me to press on knowing that hope will rise again in my heart and I will pull through anything.  

When in the midst of turmoil and strife it can be so hard to keep the way clear to hope.  We get disillusioned and confused.  We lose hope and put our faith in nothing.  We can't imagine our way through a situation so we give up hope.  When we are down and out and can't see a fix, the last thing we should do is give up.  Here is a story for you to prove my point:

It was 1994.  We were living in an old farmhouse in a rural town in Vermont.  You could see another house from the front yard if you tried.  A car went by once or twice an hour.  My husband had purchased a second-hand furnace to heat our old home with and was situated on the back of his pick up with it.  The truck was backed in toward the bulkhead of the basement and he was scratching his head trying to figure out a way to get the 350 lb. unit off the truck so he could wheel it into the cellar. I poked my head out the front door and I said, "Let's pray it off!"  He laughed but no sooner did he begin his chortle than we heard a diesel engine coming.  This rarely ever happened. We were both astonished when a bucket loader came around the corner. It wasn't it a piece of town equipment.  We had never seen the driver before.  My husband waved him over and asked him what he'd charge to get the furnace off the truck.  The man replied, "I don't know but it'll have to be quick!"  He swung in, took the furnace off the truck and was on his way.  From start to finish the entire episode lasted under 5 minutes.  In my eyes, it was a miracle and the man was an angel.

It's the small things, folks.  Never give up hope.  Miracles come in all forms, shapes and sizes.  Sometimes they run on diesel fuel.

Take Good Care Today.



1 comment: