Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, May 11, 2015

Hold Your Tongue and Your Ego

Certain things just don't need to be said.  Words might be itching to escape your mouth and you are just dying to let them fly...but a little restraint goes a long way sometimes.  It is one of the most difficult things we can practice and it takes A LOT of practice to contain our mouths.  I have worked on this over the years and I continue to do so.  I am not sure anyone is perfect at this.

If you invest some time into learning about the 'ego', you can discover why your mouth wants to get away from you.  When we stay connected to our egos we find we must express every thought that pushes to the surface.  We need to be heard.  We want to get OUR thoughts out.  We want to push OUR opinions on others.  We want to express what We know.  All of this is our egos...fighting to be heard.  Wanting to take over.  

I try so hard not to offer my opinion to someone unless they are asking for it.  (Unless I am in the classroom, then it is my job to offer my opinion.)  People use others to bounce ideas off from and it is okay to just listen to others and smile and let them have that opportunity.  However, once you get your ego involved, you've gone too far.  You've crossed the line of a good listener.  Ego: 1.

Have you ever been innocently visiting with another when they offer advice about your housekeeping or clothing?  This is their ego surfacing and they are judging you by their standards.  It is hard not to do this.  It is also difficult when it is done to you.  The best way out is to smile and move on, because truly it is unintentional most of the time.  

What a freedom it is to NOT offer your ego all the time!  Try it.  You see the world from a very unbiased and clean venue.  

Take Good Care Today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment