Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, May 15, 2015

Tomorrow Tomorrow and Tomorrow

There is always tomorrow.  We don't need to stress about getting everything done in one day.  Sometimes it has been hard for me to put things off until tomorrow.  It can be a challenge for me to not get everything accomplished from sunrise to sunset.  I've had to learn to take it slower, be calmer and chunk out tasks and endeavors.

A personal struggle I've had is that I don't like being outdone.  Because of this, I've pushed myself so much that I get exhausted.  It is silly to think you're going to be the best at everything.  But, yes, I've expected that of myself throughout my lifetime.  I've run farther, taken more courses, read more books, etc. in order to be better, better, better.  The BEST.  But, it cannot be maintained throughout a lifetime and it should not be.  We should settle into who we are and question why we feel so driven to be better, when what we are is enough and lovely as it is.  So, I question this in myself and as I do I settle and relax and accept and appreciate.

There is always tomorrow.  We keep rolling.  What we experience today, what we expect today, will be there tomorrow for us to pick up and go with again.  We don't have to push so hard.  We can accomplish what needs to be done in 2 days rather than one.  We will be just as great as we are now.

Tomorrow is a wonderful day and an amazing gift.  Leave some things to be done for tomorrow.  Rest in knowing that you'll never run out of tasks for tomorrow.  You'll need as many tomorrows as you have and to be honest, you'll have as many tomorrows as you get and you really can't change that.  Don't think too much about this, don't get too into your own head, just rest a little, calm down a little and leave a few things undone.  It takes practice.  If you have to write those items down so you can complete them tomorrow, do so.  But, then leave them there.  

Practice saving some things to do for another day.

Take Good Care Today.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered later in life that when I left something for tomorrow or for tomorrow's tomorrow, one of two things usually happened. The first thing that would usually happen is that when I finally got to that thing on the list circumstances had changed such that it required me to do it a little differently than how I originally planned and it was a better outcome. Secondly, circumstances would have changed so much that it was best not to do it at all. What a discovery. I guess we are not always the best judge of how or when things should be done!

    ReplyDelete