Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, May 1, 2015

Get Strong

 
There certainly is a balance in this life when it comes to caring for our bodies.  I realize we don't want to overdo and push ourselves to injury or pain.  However, I am going to get on my soap box about staying in physical shape.  I see absolutely no reason not to push ourselves off the couch and into some form of movement.  We need to keep our bodies strong, or we will age with difficulty.  

Age comes and there is no avoiding it and with the aging process comes an older body.  But, our bodies do not have to seize up and die!  Too many people just take what age has to offer and do not push themselves into making sure their bodies stay flexible and mobile.  It is a horrible disservice we do to ourselves.  

We need strong bodies.  Strong bodies support life.  They uphold strong minds. When we move our bodies we create strength.  We get oxygen to places that so desperately need it.  We give ourselves life and breath into the deepest crevices.  We support heath.

 It takes so little to get started.  Walking is a perfect exercise.  Lift a few weights between commercials.  We can institute 15 minutes of yoga into our daily schedule.  Any little bit helps and is beneficial.  You do not have to be intimidated by programs or people who work out for an hour or more.  Just do the portion you want to do.  Go your own speed, perform at your own level.  Each time you do so, you get stronger and healthier.

I really encourage you to get some exercise.  I truly believe it will help the aging process, minimize health issues and serve you well as each day shows its face to you.  Enjoy life all you can, get strong today!

Take Good Care. 


2 comments:

  1. Totally agree. This is an area that everybody is empowered to take charge of their bodies and health.

    ReplyDelete