Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, May 7, 2015

You Are Fine the Way You Are


  I've spent a ton of time in my lifetime trying to improve myself.  I have never said, "There, Jane.  You are fine the way you are!  You look great at this weight, you have enough degrees, your soul has reached it's fullest potential!  Take a rest!"  I am not that kind of person.  But, I want to be...a little bit...

I want to settle down and know that I am fine the way I am, and in many ways, I have.  We have misconstrued notions of ourselves.  We think we could be better when in reality we're awfully good the way we are. If you are an over-achiever, like me, you strive for unreachable and sometimes unrealistic goals. (I don't mean unrealistic here, though that is a component.  I think I really mean unnecessary).

Seldom do we settle down and realize, we're fine the way we are.  If you are a person who constantly seeks to improve yourself, be accepted by others, etc., you don't come to the point very often where you say, I am done with this.  You seek ways to improve, hone skills, etc.  You want to climb every mountain and you want to improve on your time every time you scale the hill!

What I am truly trying to convey is that we don't have to always be working on ourselves with such dire desperation.  There are areas of our lives in which we already are winning.  We can let some things go.  We've achieved our potential; we've settled into success.   We are free to work on other areas....or not work at all...perhaps rest, enjoy and LIVE!

Take Good Care Today!

1 comment: