Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Practice Zen

When I say 'practice Zen' I don't mean actually practice the religion, although, you certainly can.  I am using the word as it has come to mean in our modern times, with a very liberal approach.  I simply mean, remain open, detach from situations, and roll with things.  I can do this pretty well, but sometimes, I just have to remind myself to calm down and go with life.

Silly things bother me.  Truly, I will let the dumbest life events, or situations annoy the heck out of me.  When I focus on these bothers, they grow.  I internalize them.  I invent scenarios around them. They get bigger and stronger within me.  I devote good, honest time to them.  They get more annoying and harder to deal with.  I imagine if I do this, I am not alone; you might do this, too.

If I make a conscious effort, however, to release what is bothering me to the universe, I calm down and suddenly realize how  wasteful my time was spent pining over irrelevant things.  What does it matter if someone gets there first?  What does it matter if I take direction from another person?  How will my life alter if I just relax and let the flow of life exist as it is going to, smile and adjust, do my best and move on?  I think only good can come from that.

I admire those of us who can so easily do this.  I honestly do know people who are like this.  Things don't get to them.  They don't get offended, or feel pushed around, or annoyed.  Or at least they don't seem to.  They just appear relaxed as life's situations revolve around them and they are thankful and sincerely sweet.  All the while I am bucking in the corner like a bronco trying to get what they have and miserably stewing.  I want more for myself.

So, I am going to breathe in my zen.  I am going to remind myself to let things go.  Nothing really matters.  We are little drops in a spinning universe.  Large bodies of astronomical masses spin around us and we choose to agonize over THE MOST INCONSEQUENTIAL THINGS.  I want to be more enlightened than this.  I choose ZEN today.

If this helps you to choose ZEN as well, let me know sometime!

Take Good Care Today!

1 comment:

  1. There is a secret society that has a saying " Stinkin Thinkin" . Translation-- Get out of your head as you are your worst own enemy.

    ReplyDelete