Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, June 4, 2015

Be The Ball

If you've seen the movie, Caddy Shack, then you remember the scene where Chevy Chase is teaching his caddie to 'be the ball'.  The caddie is looking for direction and seeking advice from Chevy Chase (not recommended).  But, the advice, in this case, is not all bad.  Sometimes we are in situations in our lives when we can't envision what our next moves are.  We know we are in a place where we are unhappy but we don't know how to fix our situations.  This is a good time to 'be the ball' and heed Chevy Chase's advice.

Sometimes it is not physical situations that need to change, but our insides.  We don't know how to get to that 'person' we see in our minds that we want to be.  There is a woman there, ahead of us, we see her, we notice what she's wearing, we like her hair, her posture, her words.  We know she is us.  I know she is me.  But, I can't always reach her.  I get close.  There are moments in some days when I am almost her.   But, I can not say I have ever reached her fully.  Why is she so hard to reach?  Why can't I get there?  Why am I not her?

The truth is. if we want to be that woman we know we are capable of being, we must envision her and then simply 'be her'.  We must, 'be the ball'.  We must keep our eyes on her and our mouths must be under her control.  Our every move must be focused.  We must first think before we act so that we can train ourselves to be the ball.  We must pretend we are the ball until we fully are the ball.  Keeping our eyes on the ball will help us become one with it.

This metaphor is a good connection to make when you are feeling like that woman you so desire to be is soooooo far away and you don't know how she got there.  There are times we feel like we've lost her altogether.  She's still there, and we have to bring her back to light and then focus very hard on her.  She will, one day, become so much a part of us that, 'she is us'.  But, it takes focus and it takes practice.  We must continue to work on being the ball until we master it.

Take Good Care Today.  

1 comment:

  1. Such an interesting post Jane. I like the metaphor!

    ReplyDelete