Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Find Your Center


There can come a time when we become off-kilter.  We lose our centers sometimes from various happenings in life.  We go through experiences that knock us for a loop.  We get exhausted.  We do so much we have no time to connect with ourselves and rejuvenate. Sometimes life brings events that do this to us and sometimes we bring them on ourselves.  Either way, we get knocked off our centers just like Humpty Dumpty does the wall.

For me, right now, I am in the middle of this point of realization where I know I am off center.  I experienced a death in my family, I am overwhelmed at work, I can't get the exercise I need and my eating is whacked.  I am completely impatient with myself and feel that everything that I say or do is hugely wrong and over-sensitive or ridiculous.  That's my insecurity talking.  That's my off kilter side.  To top it all off, the sun didn't shine for days and the advent of June brought close to freezing temperatures.  

Now the question is what will I do to return to a centered human being that resembles what I desperately want to be?  Patience, time, laughter and some time alone.  Not necessarily in that order.  I know I need some time alone, running or walking or thinking.  I know I need to pull out some of my literature on ego, self and inner work.  I know I need to encourage myself to live victoriously in a world that wants to knock me down at every chance.  I know I need to stop the negative self talk and rise out.  AND...I know I need to lighten up and not take life so seriously.

Then, and only then, will my center be set right.   Then, and only then, will I feel renewed and ready to face the world again with my best self.  

I hope this helps someone today.

Take Good Care Today.

1 comment:

  1. Losing one's center can feel extremely uncomfortable. It is a time when we have somehow lost our ego and we have no one to go home to! As difficult as this feels Carl Jung says this is a time when we can be truly open to new experiences and thoughts. It can be a time of personal evolution. Our egos will return in time but this can be a time to learn something entirely new.

    ReplyDelete