Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Demands of Life


We, as a society, work too much. We just do.  We work 5 days a week, quite often overtime.  We are pushed and pulled and maxed out.  All my life, I have never felt like I could keep up with a 5 day work week.  It has always stressed my body out.  It is no wonder that people struggle so much with issues like sleeping well, or keeping fit.  There is no time.  How can you eat right when you have no time to shop or prepare?  How can you get enough sleep if you have to tend to house cleaning or finally have two seconds to read at the end of the day?  We simply push ourselves too hard.

When the days get longer in the summer, I like to try to experience all I can of the daylight.  We get so little of it in the winter.  It thrills my soul to be outside, to be in the air and the light.  I want all I can get.  But, even that is tiring after a long day of work.  I am a firm believer that we need to take our work very seriously and give it all we have-- but then we must leave it be.

People are asked to give too much to their work.  I don't know if employers are trying to get more for their money; I am not sure.  I don't like to be asked to work for free.  I don't think it is fair.  I have put myself through 8 years of college and it cost me a lot of money.  Is it fair to use my expertise for free?  I think not.  Not for me, and not for you.  If you want me, pay for me.  That's fair, isn't it?  Do I sound pompous for asking that?  I think not.  I am only one person, I can't be spread so thin for nothing!

We need to pick and choose what saps our energies because things WILL steal from us and then we are left with nothing for ourselves.  That is no way to live.  Be very careful where you give your time and energy...because there is only so much to go around...and it isn't right that you are left with none for yourself.

Take Good Care Today.

1 comment: