Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, June 2, 2015

When the Rains Come

When the rains come there is nothing you can do to change it.  The weather will be what it is.  But, we don't have to let it rain inside our hearts.  We can find a way to add the sunshine into our days even if the rains want to, try to, wash it away and cloud it out.

There is the physical side of raininess which affects us.  It has a very strong pull.  We easily feel the weight of clouds and pressure.  The darkness messes with our natural rhythms.  We are easily tired, down or weary.

Then there is the emotional side of the raininess.  The dreariness can make us feel forlorn and sad.  It can take simple problems and magnify them.  There is a heaviness on our hearts when it rains.  If you don't believe me or feel it for yourself, watch a group of people when the sun finally comes out after a few days of rain.  You will see a lightness appear on each face and a collective mood swing to a higher point.

I think that if we try really hard, we can take the rainiess and dreariness and throw them aside.  It does take work.  Sometimes turning more lights on helps me.  Sometimes getting some exercise, even in the rain, can be beneficial.  We can do some healthy self-talk and remind ourselves that what we are feeling may just be the weather's influence.  You also can force a smile on your face and see what happens.  Flowers are nice to have around, or at least pictures of flowers.  Happy foods can lift your mood, too.  Try eating some fresh and bright foods.  Listen to uplifting music.  You CAN have an affect on yourself.

Rains will come.  Whether the weather brings them or life itself gets wet and muddy.  Try to lift your face to the heavens and instead of hating the rains, embrace them.  If you can't do that, then fight them with all your might and push through.

You can find the sunshine if you try hard enough.

Take Good Care Today.

1 comment: