Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, June 25, 2015

It's None of Your Business



The Toltec religion teaches that we each live our own dream.  We experience what we experience, we perceive what we each perceive and we interpret on an individual basis.  No two of us are exactly the same and the experiences we go through are never identical.  We think one way about something while another thinks entirely differently about the same something.  Our 'dreams' are indicative to our own lives and no two are exact.  

Sometimes we think we know what other people are thinking.  How brilliant of us!  We think we can read minds.  In actuality, we cannot read another person's thoughts. (I have no idea how mentalists perform those tricks...) We are not blessed with that superior feature of being able to telepathically communicate, at least not as a large population.  There may be one or two people who have some phenomenal skill that no one can explain, but that aside...  I have been very, very  guilty of thinking I 'know' what another is thinking about me.  It has been one of my worst habits.  I am incredibly self-conscious sometimes and I NEVER think another is thinking good of me.  

Most often I make up crazy stories about how I think others are considering my imperfect body, lack of knowledge about World War II or how poorly I tell a joke.  I wonder how many times I've been right about what they are thinking?  More importantly, I wonder how many times I've been wrong?

I read a quote yesterday that said, "What others are thinking about you is none of your business."  What an epiphany that was!  It is truly none of my business what others are thinking about me!  I love that.  I don't want it to be my business and I have no idea how and when I decided it was!  I give that up to the universe right now!  No way do I want the job any more of considering what others are thinking about me.  

If I am doing the best that I can do, each and every day, and I am living my life happily and joyfully with integrity, supporting a healthy moral set, why should I have a care in the world?  I need to care less.  Somehow I thought it was my job to care what everyone thought about me.  Well, you know what?  I can't carry that load any more.  I am me and you are you.  Those who will love us will love us and those who won't, won't.  But, if they don't....it's none of your business.  Move one.  Next?

Take Good Care Today and Mind Your Own Business.  :)

1 comment: