Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Swear Not By the Moon

Juliet tells Romeo to not swear by the moon because the moon changes all the time.  It is not constant enough to be something one would swear by.  She was right.  The moon, in all its phases, is clearly not to be trusted.  We cannot rely on the moon to guide our days, or our nights.

To me, 'swearing by' something is making a promise.  Promises are tough.  One has to be totally secure in their decision before they can make a promise that they can then swear by something to keep it.  I am not sure I have enough control over the world to make a promise that I can keep for sure, for sure.

What I do know is that I can live a life where I promise to try real hard and do my best.  It is important to me to know that I have put in a full day even if that full day is resting.  It is important to me to take care of myself and those who I love.  

I get caught up sometimes with my expectations.  I have VERY high expectations for life and always have.  I believe this comes out of having a pretty tough childhood. It wasn't until I was nine that I remember life settling down somewhat.  Up until then, I didn't have much of anything so when I got something I loved it dearly and brought it into myself.  I remember gifts I got for holidays, the bean bag chair and tape recorder.  Watches on my birthday.  I remember becoming attached to small places where I could sit alone and center myself.  But, event then, having little, I wanted something for myself, I wanted to be a person.  A wonderful person. A beautiful person.  A precious person.

What I didn't know was that I already was.  I didn't know that there was nothing I could do or 'swear by' to become that person.  I was a young girl who wrote poetry and walked miles along cow paths in the countryside.  I daydreamed and planned.  I became who I was going to be and there is little I can do to become better because I am already the best I can be.

I speak in the first person here, but only to tell you a story so you can relate it to yourself.  You are who you are.  Whatever that is, it is the best.  It is already within you and you don't need to 'improve' or 'swear by' anything to get or be better.  Rest assured that all you are is already in there--inside of you and you have it to show the world whenever you want to.  Or not.

Take Good Care Today.


1 comment: