Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, June 29, 2015

Time Spent.


I've always thought a day was an awesome thing.  Especially a day you had all to yourself with nothing planned and nothing in front of you.  I mean, it is a blessing and a true gift and how you will spend it is entirely of your own design and desire.  If you put too much thought into it, you will ruin your day.  If you just let it happen, you may regret that you didn't do a certain thing you had been wanting to do.  There are so many ways to spend a 'free' day that you can consume your day trying to decide what is the best way to spend it.  One must have a light heart and a clear mind when they consider how to spend a day.

Even on a work day, there is some time you get to yourself.  There is always time, here and there, to somehow replenish, rejuvenate, or relax within your day.  However, many of us don't think about our days and we let them happen. I fear we might lose some of the preciousness of life this way.  

Whether a work day or a 'free' day, we have a DAY.  It could be our last day.  It could be the first of a million more.  We don't know.  Anything could happen to us at any moment so we should always live fully, but we can't live too fully because we'd waste away our bodies and funds and have nothing to use in the future, because of course, none of us want this to be our last day...

Days.  Time.  Moments.  If we aren't careful they get filled with video games, television, dumb things that don't matter.  But then again, who am I to say that anything is dumb?  What if it were all the same and life is life and whether we fill our days with lofty readings of Emerson and Thoreau or whether we watch a Netflix series-it doesn't matter?  What if none of it mattered and it is just life and life is just what happens and time passes either way?  We live awhile and we do our best and then we don't live any more.  

Oh well, pretty deep for now.  I'm glad I thought about all that and I'm glad that this is how my mind works, but for now, I'm going to refresh my coffee and listen to the birds.  That makes me happy this minute. Later, I'll read Walden and play Zombies. What makes you happy this minute?  How will you spend your day?

Take Good Care Today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to read your thoughts today. I often ponder these same thoughts. I feel gratitude to live in these moments.

    ReplyDelete