Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, June 8, 2015

Home Alone

I love being home alone.  I can do my thing at my pace.  I can sit where I want and leave messes if I feel like it.  I don't have the pressure of going anywhere or dressing a certain way.  I don't have to put makeup on or do my hair.  If you came by my house unannounced you would find me in comfy, over-sized clothing with my hair in twist on top of my head.  I would be in the middle of lazing around and reading or some house project.

But, I am never really alone.  I have these two huge dogs who are constant companions.  I have never lived without a dog, at least intentionally, or for long.  There have been times between deaths of animals that I have been without a canine, but truly not for long.  You see, I need the companionship.  I love knowing someone else is around to just 'be' with me.  I hear their breathing while I write this now.  It calms me and comforts me.  I could not live without companionship.  I do not want to.

Yes, animals are hard work.  Yes, they ruin things and make your house a little dustier (a lot), and hairier.  They steal your cookie or puke in the middle of the night, but I don't care.  I love them.  I need them.

It isn't loneliness, per se, that brings me to owning an animal, and yet perhaps it is.  I LIKE to be alone, I enjoy it.  But, it isn't human companionship that I always need.  I love people and need, want to be around them, but there are times I've had enough of people.  I need myself, alone, with my dogs.
It is my happy place.

How about you?  Do you have things that bring you that inner comfort?  If you haven't tried owning a pet, I suggest you give it a shot for there is nothing like it.  A spotless home, though I admire one, doesn't compare to the love of an animal...

Take Good Care Today.

1 comment: