Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Time

Time is a mystery isn't it?  There are times in our lives when we don't have a second to catch our breath because life is so busy.  Then there are times when we have so much time on our hands we don't know what to do with ourselves!  Time presses on no matter.  Whether we fill our moments with a ton of events or we just let time happen and watch it evaporate...either way...it dissipates.

I feel like I spend a lot of TIME thinking about how to spend my time.  I don't like wasted time.  That is, I like to know I've accomplished things that need to be done before I waste time.  It feels good, after having worked hard, to waste a little time doing nothing much.  When I work all day, I look forward to the couch because that is one of my places where I do virtually nothing.

I also don't like others to waste my time.  My time is precious.  I want to be treated with the respect that any human deserves when it comes to my time.  I enjoy my time even if I am doing nothing spectacular with it, so if you bother me, you better have a reason.  I don't mean to say I'm unfriendly, I just mean, I don't want my time wasted.  I want the common courtesy of not having my time wasted.

I also want to be paid for my time.  If I am performing a job that is in my professional field and you are not my best friend, you're going to have to pay me for my work.  That is just how it rolls.  I wouldn't expect you to perform a job for me without paying you, because that is how you make your living.  I want to support people who need to make a living, and frankly, that's all of us.  I don't want to take advantage of someone's skill set.  That said, I don't mind trading time with others.

Time is a valuable commodity.  It slips away from us so easily. We spend years of our lives agonizing over the menial and frivolous when in reality, there is not enough time for that. We put our blood, sweat, tears and time into things that really are of no consequence...maybe that's a good thing?  Maybe it's just a thing. We have no idea how much time we have, yet sometimes we spend it like it's dispensable.  Perhaps it is.  We'll never know.

Think about time today.  How will you spend it?  Are you wasting your time?  If you are, I hope you are having a blast doing so!

Take Good Care Today.


1 comment:

  1. Yes time and how we fill up our time is a weird concept. There was a time in my life when I would judge every waking moment of my life. At some point in my life I realized that it was my ego or my false self that sat in judgement of how I used my time and perhaps my low self esteem also played a part with these formulations of what was worthy and what was not. By the grace of God I somehow got to a place when I was able live my days without judgement of how well I had spent my time. Without abandoning my core values I managed to begin living my life in an easier and more relaxed way. By some miracle I was able to spend time in my day without pre-judgement and be guided by my instincts and my heart and not by my ego. Of course there are times when my ego creeps in especially when I'm tired or feeling insecure but mostly I can just live my days and let life come to me.

    ReplyDelete