Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, June 22, 2015

You Create Your Own Reality

I am working on not being an emotionally run person.  I've been working on this for as long as I've known what emotions were.  When I was younger, however, I didn't know emotions could be controlled by me.  I didn't realize that not only was I NOT at the beck and call of my emotions--I had created them!  I just didn't know these insights.

I know them now.  This does not by any means mean that I am a whole lot better at living a life with my emotions at bay.  I wish I were.  I have found that if I am really tired, that's it, I'm done.  My emotions wreak havoc on my worn-down self.  But, even knowing this has been a benefit.  My husband recently lost his mother and he has noticed that when he is tired, he can't handle things well.  Unfortunately, when we are not handling things well, we get even more tired and this can be a vicious circle.  But, we live and learn.

Emotions like to be felt and they like to be heard.  That is the nature of what an emotion is.  We have to come to the realization that WE are NOT our EMOTIONS.  We feel emotions.  We do not exist as an emotion.  Knowing this, we should be able to live our lives in better form.  We should remind ourselves daily that the feelings we feel have been created by the stories we tell ourselves.  Sometimes those stories are not based in reality.  Our reality is what we make it.  It is what we think it is.

Try to view the world today.  Watch it but don't get pulled into the emotional side of it.  Feel, but don't react.  You may discover you've had a much better day.  Don't tell yourself any stories about today.  Just live it.  I'm going to try this, too.  You are not alone!  Here's hoping we both do well!

Take Good Care Today!

1 comment:

  1. "Emotions are the learned vocabulary of feeling." For instance when I am angry if I dig deeper the feeling behind the anger is often fear or sadness. For me feelings come from deep within a and emotions run on the surface and are usually triggered by outside circumstances.

    ReplyDelete