Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, April 24, 2015

Choose Your Friends Wisely

Friends.  Some come into our lives for a short period of time, others are here to stay.  Some are like sisters to us while others remain distant.  We have friends with whom we share our lives.  We have friends with whom we rarely speak but when we do, it is as if we spoke yesterday.  We are closer to some friends at certain points in our lives and at others; we drift away.

Friendships are wondrous and also work.  They can happen magically at times and at other times we have to forgive and forget, or choose to move on.  There are people with whom we make attachments that we then realize that the friendship isn't going to be one of benefit and we must say goodbye somehow.  Other friends are worth hanging on to; the bond is for life.  These are the friends with whom we must offer ourselves in every state of repair, and who we accept in any form of growth.

Many times our friends' lives mirror ours.  Hopefully each of us has one or two friends who have gone or are going through the exact same life events that we are and have a wisdom and an understanding to share.  Other times we are the lead on a certain life happening and can guide or help our friends.  Either way, this is called support.

Really, we love our friends for their support.  We call when we need them, they call when they need us...or text, or write, or fb or whatever the medium.  We need our friends to bounce ideas off of, to listen to our heartache, to direct us with advice.

In return, we are good friends back.  If we weren't they wouldn't keep coming back to us.  Being a good friend does mean talking on the phone when you aren't up to it, or making a trip to pick up something.  You don't mind because you are a friend.  We do for those we love and want to keep in our lives.

There are times when we are the recipient of all good things from friends because we have absolutely nothing to offer to the world.  I spent a month on the couch once, crying uncontrollably.  I did nothing for my friends.  All I did was cry.  My friends came to me, brought me food, walked with me, kept me close.  One friend made me a comfort quilt.  Mostly, they sat with me and held my hands.  I got through it and I will always, always, always remember those people who came to me during that terrible time.  Thank you, dear friends.

Be a great friend to someone today.

Take Good Care Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment