Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Past Is Over


People understand time through a few important abilities:  they can remember a sequence of events and  anticipate future happenings.  Sometimes these are two of our best attributes and other times they are some of our worst.

My female dog doesn't seem to remember being scolded every morning for ripping the stuffing out of her bed each night while we sleep.  She remembers when we scold her, 'oh no, I've done it again', but she doesn't have enough memory to stop herself from doing the bad deed.  This is a case where memory would serve a good purpose.

Humans are not like this.  We remember the past.  Often we remember it all too well.  Sometimes it serves us well to keep memories and other times it is high time we let the past go.  Yesterday is over.  There is not one single thing that can be done about it at this point in time.  We can't alter it just as my dog can't stick the stuffing back in her bed and pretend it never happened, (I wish!).  We must live with our memories, our pasts, and use them to build our futures.  This is when memories serve us well.  

However, if you are clinging to the past with shame and regret, it is time to let that go.  Rise today out of the ashes like the Phoenix and be who you were meant to be.  Shine your face to the heavens and live today for today.  Live today for now.  Live so that tomorrow can be bright and beautiful.  If things aren't rosy right now, put on a happy face anyway.  Fake it 'til you make it...as they say.  Let the past go, don't live in it any more.  You are wasting your time.  Be fresh.  Refresh.  

Take Good Care Today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment