Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Work Management

We know we are responsible people and we want to be considered hard workers, but work is daunting...I've always been able to manage my time well.  I make lists and organize jobs to be done in order of necessity and importance. I enjoy getting my work done before my play so that I am free and light in my heart when it is time to play.  

The advantages of managing time well are so vast and many.  Sometimes it requires setting the alarm a little early or staying up a bit late, but not very often if you are consistent with your time management.  Chores are no one's best friend, but if done with energy at the beginning of the day, the rest of the day is free.  This is also true for exercise, which I consider a chore.  I know others many not consider it a chore, but for me, anything that requires effort that is unpleasant or hard, is a chore.  I don't mind working hard on things if I know I can accomplish what needs to be done and then be free for the day.

If you struggle with prioritizing your life into manageable segments here are some strategies:

~Make lists
~Prioritize all chores on list
~Chunk out the work
~Complete hard work first
~Be sure to write down the fun things you want to do
~Be happy with 80% sometimes
~Move things to tomorrow if only if you will feel 'free' in doing so

When I say, 'move things to tomorrow only if you feel 'free' in doing so,' here is what I mean:

Many people put off work until the next day and then it piles up on them.  It is an easy pattern to fall into.  However, it feels terrible and stresses us out!  The freedom that comes with work completion is like no other.  It feels surprisingly amazing. If you have some work on your list and you are considering putting it off until tomorrow, think about your insides for a minute.  Do you get a little anxiety when you consider putting it off?  Are you dreading it terribly?  Then I say, do it now and get it off your plate.  It is bugging you and stressing you and you can only feel better by doing it now!

Don't be stressed, my friend.  Do what needs to be done and then have fun!

Take Good Care Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment