Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, April 10, 2015

Get Real

Get Real with your life.  Just do it.  There is no time and no place for insincere or fake living.  We can't survive for long on lies.  Misery is the only outcome if you are trying to push through life without truly getting real with yourself.  Isn't it high time you were finished with the untruths and began to expose them for the falsities they are?  Find your truth and live it.

One way to begin to break free from your own lies is to write them down as you think of them.
Some lies I tell myself are:

~I'm not intelligent.
~I am overweight.
~I am old and frumpy.
~I am not as good as others.
~People think I'm lame.
~I don't have anything brilliant to add to the world.

I mean, this could go on.  When I am tired and worn thin, these lies come to surface.  I have little strength to combat them and so I give in and let them have their way.  Deep inside of myself I know full well these are lies.  In fact:

~I have a Master's Degree in Education
~ I am a thin woman
~Age is insignificant and I am the furthest thing from frumpy
~I am just as good as anyone else
~Plenty of people think I'm great
~I have added so much brilliance already to the world and will continue to do so

We get in ruts.  We listen to lies inside of ourselves because we're tired, don't know how to combat them or just possess no self esteem.  But, ladies, it's time to get real with yourself.  We can't live another moment in the darkness of our own lies.  Sure, some lies we tell ourselves are based on mean things people have said or the ways we've been abused...by others or ourselves.  But, don't let this continue.  Drop the lies and get real.  Stay real.

Take Good Care Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment