Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, April 13, 2015

See the Humor in Life

Don't take life too seriously.  I have spent way too many years doing just this.  I laugh more about life now than I ever have.  But, I didn't come by this naturally.  No, not at all. Oh, I know how to over-react to something.  THAT one I did come by naturally.  I nursed it within myself when it wasn't modeled for me.  I could make a mundane situation come to life with drama! The problem is, the more drama and seriousness, the less humor.  When there is little humor in your life, you can become distressed, bitter, mad, depressed...you name it...none of them good.  Humor adds perspective to any situation.  It also adds joy.

I've had so many missed opportunities for humor; it is a shame.  There was the time I went on the low carb-high protein diet and gained 8 pounds in a week!  I didn't laugh then, but now it's hilarious!  Then I was bullied on an online Weight Watcher's program for eating a mixing bowl full of popcorn and calling that a serving!  I mean, who does this stuff happen to other than me?

Another time I received a hate letter from a 'friend' who thought I talked about my children too much. I smile now because of the ridiculousness of her letter!  Who the heck cares?  Leave the room if you don't like it?  Get your own kids!  I don't know....you can't make this stuff up.

How about when you come home from work and push the answering machine button and you hear this:  "osidhflshfjhkjshf will expire in 4 days.  Press nine for assistance."  What can you do but laugh your head off?  It's hysterical. I don't know what we're in danger of having expire...perhaps our house will blow up or cars be repossessed?  I have NO IDEA what is expiring!

All of these situations could make you mad, crazy...uneasy, anxious.  However, when we separate ourselves from them  and try very hard to find the humor, it becomes easier every single time. I think it is a much happier way to live.  Try it!

Laugh it up and laugh it off, dear one.  Add a giggle to your day!

Take Good Care Today!

1 comment:

  1. Great advice! One can almost always find humor in any situation.

    ReplyDelete