Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Monday, April 20, 2015

Reality Break

Taking a break from reality is such a genuinely healthy experience to give yourself.  Whether for you that means traveling or lying on your bed...a break from the world and its expectations is often needed and welcome.  I've always thought working 5 days a week was too much on a person.  If that was all we did, that wouldn't be so bad.  But, we have so many other demands on us.  Working, keeping a home, keeping up with exercise, cooking for our families, shopping for our families...all of these are top priorities and not one of them is restful.  

It is perfectly okay to stop and take a break from reality.  Whether you get vacations, or you give yourself mental health days, it is important to cherish yourself enough to add reality breaks to your life.  We sometimes think we are indispensable.  We are not.  Our jobs find ways to manage without us.  Our homes usually make it through no cleaning for a day...we can eat peanut butter and jelly for dinner, it won't hurt us and might be fun!  No one dies when we say, we're taking a break!

Do you remember when your kids were little?  Did you ever shut yourself in the bathroom for a few minutes to speak on the phone?  I don't remember doing that, in particular, but I did get up at 4 a.m. to read and have quiet time.  There is nothing I love more than quiet time listening to birds, drinking coffee and reading and writing.  In fact, I've often thought that my retirement would be just that.  I'm excited for it!  

Give yourself reality breaks regularly.  You don't have to tell anyone what you're doing or when you're doing it.  Just step away, curl up, go away -- whatever you find is the most beneficial to you.  Break away because you are worth it and life is short.  Reality is harsh and rugged.  Step back and be just you once in awhile.  No expectations, no chores, no worries.  Just you.  Away from it all.

Take Good Care Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment