Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Perception



It boggles my mind how one person can perceive something one way and another perceive the exact same issue in an opposing way.  This is truly because we have all lived through our own lives, experiences and truths.  We have all been affected by the world in a different way.  Some have had more hardships than others, internal struggles, outward pressures, etc.  The list goes on as to why we all perceive situations differently.

We have to be careful not to put our own 'spin' on things when we relate to others.  If you listen to people closely, you will hear their personal spins being attached to situations or events.  If these events affect you, you must be careful to separate the words of the person speaking with actual reality.  This takes a careful study of the other's delivery and a close attention to their words. If we don't do this, we will be swayed by another's point of view and we must be careful to avoid this.  It is important, I think, to listen to another and then create our own opinions.

There are dramatic people in the world.  It is sometimes hard to be around them because everything is a big issue.  If you are like me, you are trying to avoid big issues!  I am not interested in huge, dramatic occurrences on a daily basis.  There are those who are!  Even on an hourly basis!  Too much for me....I want no part of it!  I've lived through enough drama and I won't say I never caused any.  Some folks create drama as a coping mechanism, others just have no idea they are addicted to it.  Either way, drama is insidious, will cause stress, worry and heartache.

If we care for ourselves we will wish to avoid drama and dramatic people.  I always take a person with a grain of salt if I know they are dramatic.  I have to protect myself from getting pulled into drama or overwhelmed by the grandiose drama of others.  I know I do better when I put things into perspective and calm the heck down!  Don't you?  

Hey, Take Good Care Today!

1 comment:

  1. I too like to avoid drama. I feel as if there are so many worthy issues that are worthy of my attention and to get sidetracked by drama is truly unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete