Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, April 21, 2015

You Are Resilient!

You may not think you are.  You may feel like you don't bounce back or that your inner shape does not return to its original after having been stretched.  But, it does and you are.  We are very resilient people, women especially.  We were made to bend a lot and not break.  We are twisted and pulled and pushed and man-handled. However, we rise again.  We find our shape again.


Life does pressure us.  We pressure ourselves.  We want to conform, yet we want to be individuals.  We are eager to fit in but yet the media lies to us  insisting that we look certain ways or own certain name-brands if we are to be accepted.  We push ourselves far beyond our own limits, we allow others to take advantage of us, we lose respect for ourselves at times, we have regrets.  However, when all is said and done, we usually come back to ourselves, hope to get stronger and we find our shape once again.



Some people have very difficult lives.  They suffer pains that no one can possibly understand or see.  Yet, many times when we talk with these folks, we are surprised by their resiliency.  We are shocked that they have turned out well.  We wonder how they did it and are still sane.  I am sure it is because people who seek to heal, will find that healing within themselves.



I went to a small gathering once where a woman spoke who had had her faced burned off in a brutal attack by her ex-husband.  She literally had no face left.  She was almost blind, had only holes for a nose and mouth and sockets with hollow eyes poking out.  She was one of the most beautiful people I've ever met.  She spoke of the forgiveness she had for her ex.  She forgave him for herself, so that she could heal and bounce back into herself again.  She was a miracle woman and I listened hard to her.



These kinds of events come into my life and teach me that nothing I go through is hard after all.  I can handle what events take place and I can endure them with ease and grace.  I am resilient, I am strong and I am learning every day what those two words mean.



May you also be resilient.



Take Good Care Today.


No comments:

Post a Comment