Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Friday, April 3, 2015

Other People's Expectations


Ladies, are you sick of other's people's expectations of what you should do with your lives, look like, act? I know, I am. You only have to watch a little bit of television to get the hint. Unrealistic and wrong expectations for us are set and they do nothing to help us cope with our day to day lives not to mention keeping up our best selves.

I recently watched a popular cooking show and I was interested in the bathing suit 'help' they were going to offer women. First of all, the very fact that we need bathing suit help is offensive and that it is on a morning cooking show is just downright weird...but I digress... This bathing suit help began by showing women in suits who just weren't good enough. The woman hired to present this on the show went on to display 'chicken cutlet' inserts for breasts that were too small, ruffled padded bikini bottoms for women whose butts weren't shapely and a pad for the front of suits of women who had the darn nerve to display camel toe! I sat and watched and thought, “This is ridiculous, we can't even go swimming without having to add crap to our bodies!” Why isn't the female body good and presentable with NONE of those silly attachments? I want to know who invented the need for this dumb stuff?

Now, every single woman knows how hard it is to get over society's expectations of the perfect female. I resent that other people put their expectations on us. How dare one other person tell another what they should look like? It makes me froth at the mouth to think that people would judge others in this respect.I do a fine job judging myself and have for years. I have tried to uphold myself against an impossible standard that is unachievable. My body is curvy and will not conform to the straight, stick thin models American women are 'supposed' to take after. How much of our lives are we to devote to this unending push for perfection? And who dares claim they know what perfection is anyway? I'm sickened.

Hollywood is sick. The folks who cut themselves, push themselves into conformity, starve themselves, whatever...to fit a standard or a mold are lost and disillusioned and I find it very sad that so many women are kicking themselves because they cannot achieve standards that are made by these folks. (Myself included....very much so!)

Ladies, give yourselves a loving break. Look in the mirror and like YOU for YOU. Dress YOU for YOU, love YOU for YOU. You are the best at being you and you are perfect the way you are!

Take EXTRA good care today...

1 comment:

  1. Finally they are making a Barbie doll that has measurements of a woman that are anatomically normal or average so little girls playing with these dolls don't get an unrealistic impression of what their bodies should look like when they become women. I believe there is a company that is also making dolls they are anatomically accurate.

    ReplyDelete