Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mind Body Connection

I never understood how some people could go through life not connected to their bodies.  We have but one and without it....well...it's just not happening.  I have known plenty of people who ignore the health professionals and do things their way to the point of ill health.  I suppose it could be easy to do, but I am not sure why anyone would do so.

I know health professionals, research, trends...whatever...have been wrong, some actually have gone against our health due to lack of research, knowledge, or money.  Whatever.  I get that smoking was once cool and I know that diet soda was once better for you...or margarine, or eggs...we are often told that 'they' have been wrong and we've caused harm to ourselves by following 'their' advice.  But, we really have no other information to go on, so we go on faith and we try our best.

That in mind, there are many good health options that we could be taking advantage of that we just breeze over and ignore.  We choose not to listen to what our bodies want and need.  Then we wake up one day and can't imagine why we're immobile, stiff, overweight...stressed, anxious...or other!  We've ignored ourselves long enough!  Time to take the reins!

I have recently begun Yoga.  I've never really done it regularly, despite the fact that I do like it.  I have always found it hard to slow down long enough to perform it and I didn't think is was 'high impact' enough to consider 'exercise'. ( I've been guided down dumber paths in my life by listening to my own voice, trust me!)  But, I am so enjoying the benefits of Yoga right now.  No, I am not good at it.  No, I can't do everything correctly.  However, I know I will get good at it.  I know I will feel the benefits of it before long.  I DO feel like it is a challenging exercise.  It feels so good for my body.

And there it is.  What is good for our bodies?  What is good for our minds?  Exercise is beneficial to both mind and body.  It is so wonderful to walk, run, do Yoga, stretch, play...move!  Our minds are thrilled and exulted!  Our bodies are refreshed, regenerated and happy!  A little effort goes a long way!

Study your body and your mind and the connections the two have.  They have a deep relationship and should not be separated. Do not ignore one for the other.  Balance your life out, heal your mind, heal your body, stretch your thoughts along with your limbs.  You'll be happier and healthier, dear one.

Take Good Care Today!

1 comment: