Follow Me Then Fly Begins!


Here we go! A blog for my women who struggle with being and living their best selves. Let this blog be to strengthen your wisdom and vitality for life and thus your physical person. May it be a resource of encouragement to you and a place of comfort and new strategies. My desire for Follow Me Then Fly is for women who need a companion to find an understanding home here. I hope my wisdom and my words will point you to Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and aid you in your walk to be your unique and optimal selves, living fully for Him. I do not claim to be anything other than I am: a Christian, a woman, a teacher, a leader. I've learned a few things along the way and have some knowledge to share. What I share with you is from my life's learnings and from my heart. Welcome.


Thursday, April 16, 2015

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I don't know about you, but I have ideals that sometimes are far beyond my reach.  I want to transform myself somehow into a woman that I am not and achieve impossible or very difficult feats.  I never seem to settle and enjoy who I am at the moment or let myself off the hook for not being what that IDEAL is in my brain.  If you are anything like this...here are my thoughts:

1.  I don't believe in giving up.  I believe in pressing on, but I do think there are happy mediums.

2.  Every day is a new day to try new things and give another shot at some of your ideals.  If they get you closer, great, if they don't, oh well.  (and seriously .... oh well.)

3.  Give yourself permission to be human and fallible.

4.  Strive for ideals but don't kill yourself trying

5.  Write down what you would envision for yourself, perhaps a set of guidelines.

6.  Live life with joy and happiness and try to meet those goals when you can and when you can't, accept that.

7.  Enjoy yourself.  You are the only you there is and although you think you aren't perfect, you really are.

8.  If you have to have a hissy fit, do it, get over it and move on.  (Try to do it in private).

9.  Talk to your best friends.  They love you and want to help you.

10.  Journal thoughts and feelings.

These steps really apply to any situation.  I am struggling with a particular issue and I have to pick myself up off the floor, dry my eyes and set my course straight on this one issue....literally...All The Time.  But, I can't give up, all I can do is try hard, adjust my expectations, and move on.

I hope you can learn a little from me.

Take Good Care Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment